Linus Health is a Boston-based digital health company focused on transforming brain health for people across the world. By advancing how we detect, diagnose, and address cognitive and brain disorders – leveraging cutting-edge neuroscience, clinical expertise, and artificial intelligence – our goal is to enable a future where people can live longer, happier, and healthier lives with better brain health.
We are a team of 90+(and growing!), embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading...
The Vice President, Medical Affairs (VPMA) will help manage clinical development and medical affairs. The VPMA will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer. The primary role of the VPMA will be to provide medical leadership and direction for Linus Health’s pipeline of clinical, pharma, senior living and research development programs using our multimodal platform for brain health screening and monitoring. The VPMA will be responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of the company’s neuroscience development plans. The individual will have direct oversight over the clinical development and medical affairs components of Linus Health. The VPMA will be a key member of the Senior Leadership team. The VPMA will drive clinical innovation keeping the corporate goals, vision and corporate culture in mind. This position will be completely aligned with Linus Health’s entrepreneurial culture fueled by innovation, efficiency and growth.
What You'll Do:
- Provide medical insight and leadership to ensure that Linus Health achieves its goals and identifies compelling new opportunities
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the competitive environment for neuroscience market and in R&D pipelines
- Responsible for generation and dissemination of clinical data; ensure timely publication planning and communication activities in support of Product Strategy and Life Cycle Management Plan
- Establish relationships with academic thought leaders, investigators, cooperative groups, advocacy groups, and other clinical stakeholders for positioning Linus Health as a key player in neuroscience arena
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of the Medical Affairs team which include generating and disseminating clinical data, working closely with the Chief Medical Officer and Clinical Research Manager to develop and execute a scientific communication plan including publication and congresses
- Contribute to reviews and approve medical/scientific communications including marketing materials and participate in promotional and scientific content approval processes
- Identify training needs in collaboration with key stakeholders and ensure implementation of medical training programs for cross-functional members as appropriate
- Collaborate with the CMO to supervise clinical activities: contribute significantly to the design of the clinical development plans for Linus Health
- Supervise the design and optimization of clinical trials, develop processes and procedures to ensure patient safety, oversee the analysis and interpretation of clinical trial data and the reporting of clinical trial results. Timely execution of trials through final medically relevant reports
- Work closely with the CEO, Chief Medical Officer, and Chief Operating Officer in the recruitment and retention of steering committees, and external collaborations
- Interface with a broad array of individuals to provide support to the implementation of clinical trials and management of regulatory strategies (global site selection, support site feasibility, investigator meeting support, site initiation visits, motivational/boosting visits - virtually and in person - regular follow up with investigators, support clinical operations and CROs as needed
- Review regulatory correspondence and meetings with FDA, EMA and other relevant health authorities
- Supervise integrated summaries supporting regulatory submissions
- Provide clinical support and work with other members of the management team to develop and communicate the overall corporate strategy
- Represent the company and its programs to external audiences, including the investment, medical and regulatory communities, as well as pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry collaborators/partners
- Oversee the clinical assessment of business development opportunities
- MD with specialty in Neurology or Geriatric Psychiatry (or Gerontology with experience treating dementias)
- 10+ years of Medical Affairs experience in a similar role
- Team-science oriented and data-driven, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Effective leader with a mature sense of priorities and solid practical experience
- A demonstrated interest in technology and aptitude for improving technology in medicine.
- Possess good understanding of clinical workflow in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- A collaborative team player who promotes the concepts of people working together versus individual performance
- Approachable and show respect for others
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all the company deliberations and plans
- Act in accordance with Linus Health’ policies and in alignment with Linus Health’ entrepreneurial corporate culture.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with EEG and/or neuroimaging
- Experience with transcranial brain stimulation
- Experience with using digital assessment tools
- Experience with neuropsychological evaluation methodologies
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory
- A mission driven environment where all 90+ employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO -- We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health. We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(K) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.