Linus Health is a Boston-based digital health company focused on transforming brain health for people across the world. By advancing how we detect, diagnose, and address cognitive and brain disorders – leveraging cutting-edge neuroscience, clinical expertise, and artificial intelligence – our goal is to enable a future where people can live longer, happier, and healthier lives with better brain health.
We are a team of 90+(and growing!), embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading…
Please note that this person can be located in the US or Canada, however we are not able to consider remote employees who currently reside in Colorado and will furthermore reject applicants that are based in Colorado per the job description requirements. At the moment, we are able to provide sponsorship on a case by case basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the company’s subject matter expert in running cloud-native applications and fulfill all the design, architecture, and implementation needs to establish a robust, secure, and reliable application.
- Deploy, manage, and automate complex production and data science infrastructure in an AWS environment while ensuring the environment remains secure and compliant with our security and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate across the engineering and product organizations to elicit application requirements, document architecture designs, and implement infrastructure to support business initiatives.
- Define and estimate required work, provide advice on system designs, track dependencies, report progress, highlight blockers, and validate architecture guidelines are followed.
- Coordinate with data engineering and data scientists to support management of various ETL pipelines, external points of integration, and internal analytics needs.
- A subject matter expert in best practices for cloud application architectures and can deeply compare/contrast various cloud-native designs to evaluate the best option for a business need.
- Have a deep understanding of core AWS networking services and their resources such as VPCs, NACLs, Security Groups, VPC Endpoints, Load Balancers, Subnets, Peering, etc., and know how to effectively use (and implement) said services in application architectures.
- Expert knowledge of AWS Serverless technologies such as ECS Fargate, Cognito, Lambda, Secrets Manager, and API Gateway.
- Have designed, implemented, and managed a large Terraform codebase to control multiple infrastructure environments including production while keeping the code clean, modular, and well organized.
- Familiarity with security considerations and configurations for production apps including isolating and securing environments using network configurations, IAM roles, and KMS-based encryption.
- Familiarity with security related to AWS including experience with tools such as Resource Access Manager, Organizations, Security Hub, GuardDuty, Inspector, Config, Cloudtrail, Network Firewall Shield, Web Application Firewall, Audit Manager.
- General knowledge of databases such as relational, document, and key-value stores and their strengths and weaknesses for various types of data access patterns, and knowledge of the AWS hosted services which can be used (e.g. RDS, Redshift, Neptune, DynamoDb).
- Familiarity with data engineering concepts such as ETL/ELT workflows, batch vs stream processing techniques, data modeling, and data lake construction, and the AWS services to implement them such as EMR, Glue, Athena, Kinesis, and Lake Formation.
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognoses of people’s mental and brain health trajectory
- A mission driven environment where all 90+ employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO -- We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health: We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees’ hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(k) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.