Linus Health is a Boston-based digital health company focused on transforming brain health for people across the world. By advancing how we detect, diagnose, and address cognitive and brain disorders – leveraging cutting-edge neuroscience, clinical expertise, and artificial intelligence – our goal is to enable a future where people can live longer, happier, and healthier lives with better brain health.
We are a team of 90+(and growing!), embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading…
Please note, we are not able to consider remote employees who currently reside in Colorado and will furthermore reject applicants that are based in Colorado per the job description requirements.
While the emphasis of this role is finance, we are looking for an individual that is much broader than that, requiring the ability to operate both strategically and tactically. As a member of the leadership team, the CFO, Finance will be responsible for the development and leadership of the financial management strategy including controllership, tax, FP&A and treasury.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and manage high-performing accounting and finance teams to provide foundation to accelerate growth.
- Present critical financial matters at select board of directors meetings, venture capital/investor discussions, and eventually liaise with the audit committee.
- Partner with Product, Commercial and others on pricing models and strategy.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs and drive agreed upon financing activities.
- Direct all aspects of accounting and finance operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Participate in building and establishing an international presence.
- Liaise and provide direction to Business Analysts throughout the company.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Advise leadership on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, and investment priorities.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns and information.
- Manage relationships with D&O, Property Casualty insurance providers and ensure compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Manage cash flow.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor’ degree in Accounting or Finance, an MBA is preferred
- 15+ years experience in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience in a high-growth environment
- Healthcare, Biotech or Digital Health experience
- B2B - SaaS experience
- Ability to think strategically yet execute tactically
- Proven leadership ability
- Proven history of building, nurturing and managing an accounting and finance function
- Go-getter and results-driven attitude - a self-starter with a lot of fire and grit
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognoses of people’s mental and brain health trajectory
- A mission driven environment where all 90+ employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO -- We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health: We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees’ hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(k) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.